SFQ Practice Groups
Spring Forest Qigong Practice Groups were created to encourage students to share the benefits of qigong with others. The practice groups have grown over the years and are helping to fulfill the vision of a healer in every family and a world without pain. With love, kindness, and gratitude, we share our practice and build community to awaken the healer within each of us.
If you have the passion to practice Spring Forest Qigong then you can start a practice group as well! To help people get started we’ve updated our guidelines and have a new website to share practice groups with others. (December 2013)
Guidelines for Global Practice Group Leaders
Be familiar with the basic SFQ practices from Level 1.
- We recommend reviewing the materials from the Level 1 class or the Fundamentals package so you are comfortable with the material.
We recommend that you don’t mix SFQ with other practices.
- It’s more beneficial to practice one form and become familiar with it. Other practices may move the energy in a different manner and you will not see as much benefit if different types are mixed in one practice session.
- As a Practice Group Leader you will have the opportunity to listen to 4 special calls a year on topics ranging from practice and leadership to working with new students.
- Group Members are invited to monthly calls to hear insights on SFQ practices from the Qigong Master Healers at Spring Forest Qigong.
Suggestions for a Practice Group Meeting
There are many ways to run a practice group. These are just a few to get you started. Please join the forums on BigTent and start a discussion to discuss this, and other topics, with others and get more ideas from experienced leaders.
- A group can be as small as two people getting together to practice
- Find a quiet space where there is room to move around
- Practice group meetings can be any length of time
- Offer a Question and Answer time
- Provide time for both Active Exercises and Sitting Meditation
- Offer a time to share healing practices with each other
- Share practices from the Head to Toe manual or Qi~ssage materials
We’re so excited to see SFQ Practice Groups grow around the world and we’d love to have you be a part of this global community. Thank you so much for all you’re doing to help create a healer in every family and a world without pain.
Please feel free to join at the SFQ Center on the following days for a practice group:
- Wednesday 12:30 - 1:00 p.m.
- Fridays 12:30 - 1:00 p.m.
Important: The Center is not open on holidays and as with any business we are subject to change with other events that may be occurring or staff not available. Call us at (952) 593-5555.